Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweet Nothings

Sweet Nothings

His words were sweet, endearing yet mysterious…

“come over…its not a problem..”

How simple and innocent they sounded.

And yet…

I felt an emptiness there, like a hollow that couldn’t be closed.

Even still, with the feeling held in my heart, I moved further away from the point at which I started..

I forged ahead, to a place where there was

No beginning, no end, just a middle from which nothing emerged…

It shouldn’t have come as a surprise to me that, I would find myself here…again…

And yet…

Here I stand, back in the days of yesteryear, when I was young and dumb, or so I thought…

Back at a place where…sweet nothings whispered in the ear led to a touch here, a caress there…

Back at a place where…you get upset at the littlest comment or seemed lack of

acknowledgement of my presence…

Back at a place where…you try to fill the void only He can fill…

And still I forged ahead…

Through those places, through those feelings, through those thoughts…

To a place where red flashed frequently…

Red at the thought of…random indescretions that allowed me to come into being…

Red at the thought of…the liberties that weren’t quite so decent….

Red at the thought of…the many questions that were asked from time to time to time and time again…

And still I moved…

Moved past the place of yesteryear, past those sweet nothings, past the feeings…

Moved past the nothingness that emerged..

Sweet nothings whispered in the ear…have a big impact

They can move the mountain called…respect, jump over the hurdle called…decency

Move the burden known as...friendship

Till there is nothing left but a shell and what remains…is unrecognizable…

You are left shaking your head and wondering…how?

You are in the midst of the sea, swaying back and forth…

All due to the sweet nothings…whispered in the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment