Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seeing Clearly

So, I am embarking on this meatless fast, as I often do at the beginning of the year.  The major difference now is, I am going totally meatless, which I haven't done in the past.  I thought it would be a struggle, but this year really has been different for me.  For starters, there is a heightened sense of awareness that I didn't have before.  I don't know if things were there and I didn't see them, or if they didn't exist before.  One thing I know for certain:  it is impossible to return to my previous state. 

Oliver Wendell Holmes stated the following:  “The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."  To me, that means an ever present move forward into the realization of the true nature of the self.  We think of this in terms of knowledge, but this has implications that reach beyond that as well.  This means that we can never really return to a state of ignorance.  For me, I see things clearly, and as each day goes by, I see more and more of what I am destined to see and move toward my destined purpose.  I am confident in Christ that I am able to answer the questions:

Who Am I? (Identity)
Why Am I Here? (Purpose)
What Will It Matter? (Destiny)

Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment