Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How to Walk the Path of Deliverance

1. Conversion,Repentance and Confession


 
  • Conversion-come to a saving relationship
  • Repent-repent for sin with a heart not to return to the sin
  • Confess-confess sin (fault) to trusted accountability partner
   
2. Get back to Your Rightful Place in Christ

 
Begin to fill those empty spaces with the things of God. This not only includes reading the Word, but having faith to engage in activities (spiritual gifts) that edify the body. Flee those things that are not of God (relationships, friendships, other distractions, etc.)

 

3. Know who You are in Christ

 
Have an understanding of who you are and what you are called to do within the body of Christ and operate in those gifts. Cast out the spirit of fear when it comes to those areas with which you are not familiar. Refuse to succumb to the lies of the enemy (mindset change, which is DAILY).

 

  
4. Remain humble.

 
Resign to the will of God for my life (personal, spiritual, etc). This includes leadership in all respects.  BE OPEN TO HOWEVER GOD WILL USE YOU!

  

 
5. Remove pride, rebellion and unforgiveness in your life.

 
This goes along with remaining humble and repenting of sin.  Do not hold on to offenses but rather release those to God.

 

 

 
6. Personal deliverance

 
Continue to cast down those spirits and things that are not of God, rather than succumb and allow those things to remain in my life. Continously walk out the process, rather than sit and fall.

 

 

 
7. Remain faithful and free.

 
 
Need help in this area?  Pray this prayer:
 
God I fully accept you as my Lord and Savior, and I accept that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died on the Cross, was buried, and rose on the 3rd Day.  I acknowledge that I am a sinner, and repent of those ways in order to turn my life totally and completely over to You.  I repent of _______ and turn from that sin. (Name all sins, etc).  I submit to Your plan for my life.  In Jesus' name,  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment