Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Dark Stranger

As I stared into his eyes, I knew, I knew…I knew…
He was just the right type, tall dark and sexy
He was just the right build with the mix of mocha
Dressed to the nines and the smell to match…right up my alley

And yet, something was mysterious about him.
Was it, the way he walked? The way he talked? His style of dress?
I couldn’t shake the feeling that…
There was something different about this man

Or was it?
As I watched him walk away,
I wondered..
Was there something different, or did I just want to see it?

The crazy thing about it is this: prior to this time, never once did you cross my mind
Never once did you have that light
So, what is it? What is the thing that makes you different?
The question plagues me

As I began to undress, again you crossed my mind…
Why now? Why this?
Its funny how the mind works…
How it plays tricks,

Making you think you want what you don’t need
While at the same time rejecting what is meant for you
We think we have control but control has us
He makes us think that its no big deal, when its really quite the opposite

And at the end of the tunnel, he makes us think that we cant come back, won’t come back, shouldn’t come back…be careful of the tall mocha
He has a way of sneaking up on you…making you think your thoughts are you own,
When really they are his creation
Make you think those are your desires
And before you know it, you have been jacked, hemmed and played…

And knowing all this, I still wonder, what is it about this one?
Why is this one so different?
Maybe because this one isn’t it…

watch his ways, his actions, his thoughts
before you find yourself gone too far....only the dark stranger...

Written September 29, 2010 by Tenisha Godley

No comments:

Post a Comment