Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Wall

How can you know me?
You only see what I desire.
How can you show me?
Have you been through the fire?

Maybe you have, but I would never know
The wall, you see, will stop any growth
Stop any movement through place and time
The thing about a wall is that you will find
Everything you want is on the other side.

I asked…
How can I know you?
I only see what you desire
How can I show you?
That I have been through the fire…

And I have but you will never know
I once had a wall and it stopped all growth
All movement through place and time
The thing I found about a wall is that
Everything I desired was on the other side

I formed it because I was hurt
And didn’t want anyone to see
The things that buried were deep inside me.

And even through and through
The light was shed, true blue.
The wall had to fall,
Or I wouldn’t learn at all.

So how can I know you?
I see what you desire.
How can I show you?
I have been through the fire.

Even with my wall,
It had to fall,
But not for me, for you to see.

My path doesn’t have to be your path
My story shouldn’t be your story
From my pain you can gain
Those things, so He can receive glory.

So, I do know you
I can see you
I can show you
I have been through the fire

That wall, that place inside
The wall is used as a place to hide.
It’s a paradox, the wall, you see
Because has you hide, your spirit says come find me….

The response was…
…No one cares, no knows how I feel
And you say you do, are you for real?
So I with my wall, ensure you stay away
Its all a part of the act I play

To protect myself, this my plan
With my wall, I seek to ban
Those who get too close to me
I need that wall now, don’t you see?

So how can you know me?
You only see what I desire.
How can you show me?
Have you been through the fire?

I said…
Yes, I have but you would never know
When I dropped that wall, I was able to grow
And move through place and time
And I found all my desires on the other side.

Started February 18, 2008 at 11:22 pm…finished April 8, 2008 at 11:45 pm by Tenisha Godley

No comments:

Post a Comment