Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Don't Take it Personal...

"One of those days...when you wanna be all alone....don't take it personal"

Monica was 14 when she sang this song, yet she was on point. We all go through days and changes that push us away from the fold of people around us. Yet it is frowned upon in society for a person to desire to be alone...

How can one have the desire to be alone? In a world where females outnumber males, it is quite easy. We as women have learned to be 'independent' yet there is a double standard existing, never changing, over looming, no rearranging. This standard says that when it comes to the opposite sex, we are to be 'found', discovered and carefully cultivated by man...who says this has to be the case? Why is this still true? Are we so scary that the mere thought of a woman who knows her own mind is to be reckoned with?

So no, don't take it personal when I brush you aside, don't take it personal when I say you're not my type, don't take it personal when I state you are not on my level. Monica stated she wanted to be all alone...while that is NOT my desire, I DO want the right one...and I am not afraid to step out for what I want. I just hope he won't be afraid of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment