Thursday, October 6, 2011

Favor

You ask of me, how do I succeed?
Is it because I know the road
Know the ropes
Know their kind?

You ask of me, how do I succeed?
Not because I’m better
Or because you’re worse
But because I put Him first.

You ask of me, how do I succeed?
I tell you, its favor.

Favor takes you where knowledge stops
When its time for favor it just drops
Its because of favor that I often find,
The meek and the mild are often next in line.

You ask of me how do I succeed?
Its not because of who I know or how I talk
Favor, you see is a part of the walk
Not with man in this land


Its all a part of God’s plan
People may shout and pout
Favor ain’t fair
But you don’t know the way I got there

One evening in late May
It was on that fateful day
My life was forever changed, you see
Because I stepped into my destiny.

That day God said, I need to shine
My everlasting light on child of mine
Sitting in that chair little does she know
What is about to manifest from a seed sown


Life for her is about to change
Now sit in the seat of my fast lane

As I sat and wept I knew it was time
To take my place at the end of the line
We were led out and then I knew
There was a purpose, a fresh start and life anew

It was on that day that I moved from death to life
The day of my destiny, my favor

With one choice my life is forever changed
Now as I walk I have new plans
Involving the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
Covering the places I needed them the most.

So you see, it’s not due to me that I succeed
There is a greater power, I have greater need
The God that I live for,
He desires more


More than me and others you see
He wants to change your life
The way He changed mine
Favor ain’t fair, but keep in mind


When you pass from death to life
That puts you in line
Your destiny, your purpose and plan
All sits in God’s hands, the healer of the land

You ask of me, how do I succeed?
I ask of you, is it Him that you need?






June 27, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment