Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why Do We Have Memories?

Hebrews 10:17 He concludes, I'll forever wipe the slate clean of their sins.18 Once sins are taken care of for good, there's no longer any need to offer sacrifices for them.



I woke with the Joann Rosario song "I Hear You Say" in my spirit.  It's one of my favorite worship songs for a myriad of reasons.  When she recorded that song, Joann Rosario suffered from a condition known as vocal nodules, which caused her to lose her speaking and singing voice for over a year.  She recorded this song while her voice was failing her, and I think it is magnificient that she was able to fight through that.

Anywho, it got me to thinking about our memories...those deep portions in our souls that house the chronicles of our lives.  God has given us memories, and we have that ability, but at times the enemy uses our memories to attach something negative to our lives and destiny.  For some reason, I traveled to Hebrews 10:17, which is stated above, but I'll say it again:

Hebrews 10:17 He concludes, I'll forever wipe the slate clean of their sins.18 Once sins are taken care of for good, there's no longer any need to offer sacrifices for them.

If God has the ability to wipe our slates clean, why do we hold on to the memories of our own iniquities?  He has covered all, forgiven all and forgotten all...so why do we still remember? perhaps we should take heed from God and simply forget...  Just my own moment...selah

No comments:

Post a Comment