Saturday, October 8, 2011

ONE Day at a TIME...

So, have you ever had one of those days where it seems as though you are overwhelmed? That was me this morning.  Going through the processes, we can often get caught up in the end result, when in actuality we had to take things slow.  For example, when learning to walk, we first had to learn to crawl.  We had to practice before we could finally get behind the wheel of a car by ourselves.  We had to go through introductory courses before we can go on to other forms of higher education.  We think of these things as being automatic, the logical progression and order of things.

Yet for me, I get inside the end result.  I think of things in the big picture, rather than the small details.  I was talking to a good friend of mine and I was expressing my frustration...'WHEN WILL THIS BE OVER'!! Was my big question.  My friend calmly states, "it is over when it is over...how do you walk?"  I think it over for a minute, then respond...."one step at a time..."  The truth is, I can only do things one step at a time...I tell my students that they can only answer one question at a time when they are taking a test.  I tell them to stop, breathe, and calm down.  The test isn't going anywhere...Whatever it is you are going through, whatever you have endured, or not endured...take a deep breath....calm down...the test isn't going anywhere, that is until you pass it.  With each small victory, you can move on to and celebrate larger victories.  When you learned to walk, there were many times where you stumbled and fell.  What did you do?  Don't remember?  I will tell you.  You dusted yourself off, and got back up and attempted to walk again.  You did this until you mastered walking....even in your adult life, there were times that you overstepped, or stumbled, and in the process got bruised along the way.  Because you KNOW you have the ability to walk, you dust yourself off, pick yourself up and commence to walking again.

This was the revelation I received...when walking through a process or season in our lives, we have to take it ONE day at a time.  We can become so wrapped up in our end result that we fail to appreciate the process.  We have to walk out our processes ONE day at a time, ONE victory at a time, until we have proven victorious.  Yes, there will be times where we stumble and fall along the way.  Just as if we are learning to walk, we have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and commence to walking until we perfect the work...We have to ENDURE, one day at a time...Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment