Monday, October 3, 2011

Forgive!!

Ephesians 4:31-32
31-32Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

Wow...I read this in The Message Bible, and of course it spoke to me.  We often speak of forgiving others, and letting go of past offenses, but do we really do this?  More often than not, the answer is yes and now.  Yes, we do forgive others of their offenses, however because of our own fleshly desires, this is a process that takes place due to the fact that we have trouble forgiving others at first for offenses committed against us.  We feel as though we are 'owed' something and as a result are not willing to let go of those offenses so easily.  I would venture to say that once we get a clear conception of what Christ has done for us on the Cross, it is easy to forgive others, AND ourselves.  Forgiving ourselves is often difficult as we are often our own worst critics.  Again, it is not our responsibility to carry our sins.  It says in the Word in Matthew 11:28-30.

"28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will [h]ease and relieve and [i]refresh [j]your souls.]

29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest ([k]relief and ease and refreshment and [l]recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, [m]good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

What a God we serve to take on our sins so that we can forgive ourselves!! Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment