Friday, October 7, 2011

Transparency

This morning, I awoke with the notion of what it truly meant to be transparent.  We think that we have a clear understanding of this concept, but it is one of those things that one can only experience to understand.  I once heard a saying, "Character is who you are when no one is looking."  I would like to add to that idiom by saying that transparency is the willingness to show who you really are when no one is looking.

 I was reading this morning in my devotional time, and the thought came to me....whenever we think we have it all together, God has the ability to humble us like no one else could.  He sees our true, transparent selves, the way we are when no one is looking.  For us to share that person shows our walk with Christ, how far we have come, and allows us to be used by Him for whatever His purpose may be.  Again, I go back to the saying, "if you want to impress someone, tell them of your successes....if you want to impact someone, tell them of your failures..."  Oh to be used by Him!! Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment