Thursday, October 6, 2011

Keeping Focused

This week has really been devoted to the study of Psalms (in its entirety) as well as Ephesians 4:22-32.   One of the biggest things I have found in Psalms have been true, sound doctrine that has implications in the success for daily living.  Through Psalms, I have found that those in perfect peace are those who are able to keep their minds stayed on Jesus and His goodness throughout storms and trials. 

More often than not, we think trials come as a result of something that we have inherently done wrong.  This is not the case, as Jesus himself was tempted in all ways, yet was without sin.  Wow!  That is a TALL order for us to fill, living in our fleshly desires and ways.  This directly coincides with the study in Ephesians, where we are given instructions, distinct instructions, on how to life the godly life and forgive one another, as well as ourselves.  You have heard me speak on how the hardest person to forgive sometimes is ourselves, as we tend to have such high expectations for ourselves and how we should govern ourselves.  However, for me, by combining Psalms and Ephesians, I have come to realize that the instructions in the Bible ring true, if I am perfectly focused on Jesus and all of His goodness, then I really don't have time for much else.  I can live my life within these confines and keep focused on Him.  Have you considered such a life?  Selah....

No comments:

Post a Comment