Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Words of Your Mouth

So, I am toying with the notion of journaling on a longer basis...that is, turning my thoughts into a chronicle of sorts.  One would have to wonder, why would someone do that?  For me, it goes back to the notion that people are impressed by your successes, but they are impacted by your failures.  To me, I wonder, what will my legacy be on this earth?  Not that I am so important, but rather, how will life be made better because I am in it?  One of the things that has been laid on my heart as of here recently is that of stopping and preventing child abuse of any sort.  I think it is a tragedy that children suffer at the hands of incompetent adults, who do not deserve their presence.  To me, a child is a gift from God, and should be treasured as such. 

I am in no way getting on my high horse, but perhaps maybe, by reading something I have written someone is able to prevent this cause.  Maybe, as a result someone's life will have meaning.  I think that we have a duty to share with othes our stories so that we are not bound by them any longer, and by so doing, we allow others to gain their freedom.  Maybe that is just my idealistic view of the world....but for me, that's what brings meaning to me.  Dare to share your thoughts and words, dare to be HUMAN, and allow others to do the same by showing them that they are not alone in the struggle.  Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment