Monday, October 10, 2011

It's All Coming Together Now..



So, I woke up this morning at 5am...like my eyes literally popped open at 5.  That RARELY happens.  I lay for a moment, running my mental to do list..then I open to Psalms and begin to read...and for some reason Psalm 47 seemed to minister to me:

Psalm 47


For the choir director: A psalm of the descendants of Korah.

1 Come, everyone! Clap your hands!
Shout to God with joyful praise!2 For the LORD Most High is awesome.
He is the great King of all the earth.3 He subdues the nations before us,
putting our enemies beneath our feet.4 He chose the Promised Land as our inheritance,
the proud possession of Jacob’s descendants, whom he loves.
Interlude5 God has ascended with a mighty shout.
The LORD has ascended with trumpets blaring.6 Sing praises to God, sing praises;
sing praises to our King, sing praises!7 For God is the King over all the earth.
Praise him with a psalm.t8 God reigns above the nations,
sitting on his holy throne.9 The rulers of the world have gathered together
with the people of the God of Abraham.
For all the kings of the earth belong to God.
He is highly honored everywhere.

And it hit me...even in times of trouble, we are expected to PRAISE the name of the LORD.  This may seem hard to do, as we often get wrapped up in our present situations.  However, when you look at ALL that He has done, as referenced by this Psalm...how can you NOT praise Him?  Yes, it is a mindset change...saying I will exalt the Lord at all time, His praise shall continuously be in my  mouth.  As if that didn't bring it home for me, when I read the devotional for today, it outlines steps as to how change can happen for you:

1. You must be willing to change unconditionally. 

This means that no matter what it takes, you have to be willing to make the change.  I had a conversation in which it was stated that God is pleased when he sees you have the heart to change...this means that you have the resolve in your heart that you are going to change and are willin to do so...

2.  You must accept the truth that means letting go of the past.

Even though we go back to what is familiar, in order to change, you have to LET IT GO!!  You can't hold on to what was, or wasnt.  Romans 12:2 says "Be not conformed to the pattern of this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..."  I have stood on that scripture for I don't know how long, and it still rings true.  Every day that you awaken means that your yesterday didn't defeat you.  You have the opportunity to start fresh, anew, restored...in all honesty, if there are things or people that hinder you from that, then LET IT GO!

So...how does this come together?  You have basic instructions for daily living, and you have the choice to make the change within you, or you can remain stagnant.  As for me, I have made the choice to move forward into all that is destined for me....Selah...

No comments:

Post a Comment